Saturday, June 12, 2010

Life In Training

I've always wanted to do this, have a place to just talk, express how I feel about how my training is going, things like that. I think anyone who fights has moments of insecurity, anxiety, apprehension, etc. I think it's healthy to have an outlet, a release. I mean all the big fighters have blogs. So what if they're fighting for hundreds of thousands of dollars, while I'm barely starting off an amateur career. We're one in the same! This is primarily suppose to be about fighting, but I'm sure other little bits and pieces of my life will get involved in this as well. Anyways, onto my first real post I guess.

So I have another smoker on the 19th. That's 7 days away. It's a little nerve wracking to have a fight coming up, it's even a little nerve wracking sometimes to have sparring coming up, and an actual fight where someone is trying to knock me out, it just makes everything 100 times more intense. It's a good feeling though, I like it. I've been an athlete my whole life, so this kind of intense, pre game/match/fight set of intense feelings is just so welcomed in my life.

I feel really good, as far as being in shape, going into this fight. I trained on thursday last week, 6 rounds of sparring (My fight is only 3 rounds) and I was fine at the end, not gassed at all, although I caught a nasty knee right in the middle of my thigh and it's been killing me since that night, I was out of commission friday and today, and got zero kind of a work out in, and to top it off today was my nephew's birthday, and I have a serious weakness for barbecue (and marble cake). Luckily I don't have to make weight for this fight, my opponent is heavier.

I'll write more about life in general tuesday, after I train, I just felt like getting the ball rolling or else I never would have started.

No comments:

Post a Comment