Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My life as a fighter


So my second smoker happened last saturday, june 16th. Sorry I was missing for a little while, if anyone actually reads this, but yeah I was in a different headspace, and after the fight I did a little too much celebrating.. and we'll just leave that there ha ha. Anyways though.



The fight itself went well, the guy ended up weighing in at about 179 pounds, I weighed in at a meager 166 pounds, while eating a sandwich (true story) so he had a good weight advantage over me, and about 3 inches of height on me. He also trained at the same gym as the last guy that I fought, so he knew to expect the leg kicks and checked a lot of my leg kicks, which kind of took me out of my element. Even with all that though, I almost knocked him out in the first round but I ran out of time, and I feel like I controlled the fight most of the time, I did gas out though, it was extremely tiring being in there with him, any time we clinched I had to fight with everything I had to get out of the bad positions and things like that, so it was tough. I think I did good though, did more damage, and controlled most of the fight, my sifu was happy with my performance, especially after taking in that guys physical advantages.

My next smoker will be sometime in august, and that will be my last little practice before my actual amateur kickboxing debut. I plan on working my strength and conditioning a lot more before august, and fighting in august at 165. In the october ring fight I'll most likely fight at 163 pounds since I think that's my closest weight class in the IKF. Anyways, I'm off for tonight. Talk to you soon interwebs.

Love,
Cory

No comments:

Post a Comment