Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My life in training

The fight is in 4 days! It's nuts. I mean it's my second fight so the experience isn't quite as harrowing as it was before, but it's still a crazy feeling. I mean honestly the entire situation is a little bit crazy at least. I'm willingly going into a situation where I know this person in there with me is trying to hurt me, and I have to try and hurt him before he hurts me hah. It's more a matter of self preservation than a desire for me to hurt someone. I just don't wanna get knocked out.

I can't lie though, I love the feeling of my glove, or my shin, digging into someones body. It's a rush, knowing when you land that power shot, when you feel it dig in, and when you see that reaction in your opponents face and you just know, yeah, that hurt him. It might sound morbid but it's not, it's not a satisfaction over the fact that I hurt him, it's the same kind of satisfaction an athlete gets scoring a touchdown, or making a basket, it's the feeling of victory. Knowing you beat someone, who trained like you did, who has the same goals you do. That feeling of knowing you're doing it better, it's not really capable of being replicated outside of sports. I love it. It's the whole reason I started doing this, because I missed sports, and I missed that feeling of intense athletic competition.

Anyways, my fights in 4 days, my thigh feels about 85%, and I can't wait to get in there and let it all hang out.

No comments:

Post a Comment